Beyond Conflict Innovation Lab Communications Lead
Beyond Conflict, a global non-profit organization based in Boston, is looking for an experienced, resourceful and creative Communications Manager who can oversee and shape compelling content for multiple formats and channels, particularly digital. The Communications Manager is responsible for creating, implementing, and overseeing all marketing and communications efforts across the organization to audiences including donors, Board, partners, expert practitioners, policymakers and the general public. Areas of responsibility and oversight include: branding and messaging, digital and print marketing, collateral design and creation, media relations, and organizational storytelling. The Communications Manager works closely with senior management in a growth environment to ensure the success of strategic initiatives and the fulfillment of Beyond Conflict’s work and mission. This position reports to the Executive Director and requires a self-starter and strong project manager with exceptional verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to distill complex concepts and policy into accessible language, and the ability to prioritize and exercise excellent judgment.
The principal duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Create and manage a comprehensive integrated strategic communications plan across print and digital platforms
- Develop targeted messaging and materials for various audiences including donors, volunteers, partners, prospective supporters, policymakers and other leaders
- Create or project manage a variety of printing and digital communications deliverables in a variety of formats including donor newsletters, blog, social media, website, PowerPoints, collateral, video and infographics, which includes developing, adhering to, and communicating timelines and prioritizing projects
- Provide oversight of social media accounts and blog including strategy, content creation, and profile management
- Collaborate with program teams to identify clear and compelling ways to communicate the impact of our work in an accessible manner, and drive an internal culture of storytelling
- Develop talking points for Founder and CEO, Executive Director, Board of Directors, and other staff members for various public speaking opportunities
- Develop periodic newsletter and reports as an effective stewardship and communications tool for donors, volunteers and the broader community
- Field media requests; determine relevancy and appropriateness of response; develop talking points and coach various spokespersons for media interviews
- Provide guidance on all issues related to communications and marketing across the organization
- Work closely with Founder and CEO, Executive Director and senior management on special projects, including drafting and editing Op-Eds and speeches
- Manage freelance designers, vendors, consultants, and other resources as needed
- Knowledge of marketing communications, including social media and digital initiatives, collateral development, packaging, and public relations
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in marketing communications, journalism, public relations, or closely related fields
- Confident communication (written and oral) skills and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with various levels of internal and external stakeholders to translate complex ideas clearly, concisely and powerfully
- Experience working within and developing content for digital and social media channels, e.g., Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
- Highly proficient in MS Office and G-suite, and experience with WordPress a plus
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills, including ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects and consistently meet multiple deadlines
Why Work With Beyond Conflict?
At Beyond Conflict you will have the exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of psychological research, and the development of interventions to help shape the world in which we live. Beyond Conflict also offers competitive salary and benefits package including 401K, heath, dental, and generous vacation packages.
To apply for this position, please forward a resume and cover letter to Communications@beyondconflictint.org with “Communications Lead” in the subject line.
Beyond Conflict is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Beyond Conflict are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.