About Beyond Conflict
Founded in 1992, Beyond Conflict is a global non-profit organization based in Boston that works with government, nonprofit and community leaders to create powerful and innovative frameworks to open pathways in peace talks, transitions to democracy, and national reconciliation in the aftermath of division and violence. In recent years, Beyond Conflict has become a leader in developing scientifically driven solutions and various intellectual property tools that combine practical insights from brain and behavioral scientists and real-world practitioners, and are essential to improving their understanding of how best to intervene in some of societies’ hardest challenges and conflicts. Their impact has been felt in over 75 countries.
A recent transformational gift has allowed Beyond Conflict to move to the next level in their growth. As a result, the Director of Philanthropy (DOP) position has been created to focus on strategically growing philanthropic partnerships in order to maintain a healthy and sustainable financial position. This role will report to and work with the Executive Director, and support the CEO/Founder, the Board of Directors, and other colleagues as needed.
Beyond Conflict is looking for an entrepreneurial, high energy, and optimistic experienced development professional to take on this exciting opportunity. The DOP will be responsible for co-creating and executing a comprehensive frontline fundraising strategy. This involves building new relationships while also nurturing and growing current ones with individuals and institutions by partnering with staff and board members. There will be a focus on creating giving opportunities at the six-figure and higher levels to Beyond Conflict’s priority areas.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, plan, organize and direct all of Beyond Conflict’s philanthropic fundraising initiatives
- Help create and implement a comprehensive fundraising program drawing on best practices from the profession; serve as day-to-day development lead
- Build and maintain a portfolio of individual and institutional donors through meetings and generating cultivation opportunities; proactively support the management of donors whose primary relationship is with the CEO, ED, or other key BC colleagues
- Advise colleagues throughout the organization about best practices on lead generation, qualifying and vetting opportunities, proposal development, prospect research, reporting and philanthropic messaging through informal or quarterly presentations
- Attain annual financial and productivity metrics
- Minimum of 5-7 years working in major gifts fundraising; and experience working with institutional donors a plus
- Proven track record of success in identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding 6-figure and larger gifts
- Proactive self-starter able to work in a fast-paced innovative environment
- Outgoing and positive personality with strong interpersonal skills, a collaborative working style, and an entrepreneurial mindset, including a willingness to take risks and advocate for unconventional ideas
- Interest in and capacity to translate complex, nuanced science-based content in a clear, concise, accessible and powerful manner
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to travel and/or work occasionally during evenings and weekends if needed
- Perform other work-related duties as needed by the Founder/CEO or Executive Director
Why Work With Beyond Conflict?
At Beyond Conflict you will have the exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of psychological research, and the development of interventions to help shape the world in which we live. Beyond Conflict also offers competitive salary and benefits package including 401K, health, dental, and generous vacation packages.
To apply for this position, please forward a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Director” in the subject line. Beyond Conflict is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Beyond Conflict is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Beyond Conflict are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.