About Beyond Conflict
Founded in 1992, Beyond Conflict is a global non-profit organization based in Boston that works with government, nonprofit and community leaders to create powerful and innovative frameworks to open pathways in peace talks, transitions to democracy, and national reconciliation in the aftermath of division and violence. In recent years, Beyond Conflict has become a leader in developing scientifically driven solutions and various intellectual property tools that combine practical insights from brain and behavioral scientists and real-world practitioners, and are essential to improving their understanding of how best to intervene in some of societies’ hardest challenges and conflicts. Their impact has been felt in over 75 countries.
Beyond Conflict is looking for a full-charge Bookkeeper who has strong communications and organizational skills and the ability to multi-task effectively. The Full-charge Bookkeeper will work closely with the Director of Finance to ensure that all organizational financial controls are met. Areas of responsibility include accounts payable and receivable, reconciliations, and month-end close. This position reports to the Director of Finance and requires a task-oriented self-starter with a commitment to the mission of Beyond Conflict.
The principal duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Process accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Manage bank and general ledger reconciliations
- Process semi-monthly payroll and posting to the general ledger
- Prepare and post journal entries monthly as directed by the Director of Finance
- Assist with organizational and project/grant budget preparation, forecasting, and revisions
- Assist with organizational asset management and upkeep
- Perform month-end and year-end closings
- Assist with reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and review of expenses, including budget to actual analysis, in preparation for month-end and year-end close
- Review and reconcile expenses and revenue monthly with project managers
- Preparing the Trial Balance and other schedules for the annual audit.
Skills and Experience Needed:
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel as well as in accounting and payroll software
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively, manage time efficiently, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Minimum 5 years experience in bookkeeping, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Basic understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Experience in a nonprofit organization and knowledge of fund accounting preferred
Why Work With Beyond Conflict?
At Beyond Conflict you will have the exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of psychological research, and the development of interventions to help shape the world in which we live. Beyond Conflict also offers competitive salary and benefits package including 401K, health, dental, and generous vacation packages.
To apply for this position, please forward a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Full-charge Bookkeeper ” in the subject line. Beyond Conflict is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Beyond Conflict is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that traditional hiring practices have historically and systemically marginalized entire groups of people — including people of color, people from different socio-economic backgrounds, women, and people in the LGBTQIA+ community, to name a few. We believe that we are better as an organization when we work to deconstruct the barriers and build a team that has authentic representation from diverse communities, backgrounds and beliefs. Hence, we strongly encourage qualified candidates from those mentioned as well as other marginalized communities to apply for roles within our team.